To build and strengthen capacity of the institutions responsible for managing energy and mineral resources in the Ministry.
- To put in place legislation standards and institutions for the creation of an enabling environment for private sector participation and enhancement of free and fair competition in the Energy and Mineral sector.
The Support Services of the Ministry, headed by the Under Secretary (Ms. Prisca Boonabantu) are provided through:
Finance and Administration Department, comprising of;
- Administration Unit; Headed by Mr. Akiiri Kenneth – Principal Assistant Secretary
- Personnel Division; Headed by Ms. Ibanda Samali - Principal Human Resource Officer
- Finance and Accounts Section; Headed by Mr. Yakub Lubega – Ass. Commissioner Accounts
- Audit Unit; Headed by Mr. Ambrose Asiimwe – Ass. Commissioner Internal Audit.
- Procurement Division; Headed by Mr. Aribariho Andrew - Ass. Commissioner Procurement Tel: 0414-349276/0
- Sector Planning Department; Headed by Mr. Emmanuel Ajutu - Ag. Commissioner Tel: 0414-345811 ;
- Resource Centre; Headed by Ms. Catherine Dedeya - Senior Information Scientist Tel: 0414-255402
The major functions of the Support Services are: -
- Financial management and accounting.
- Administration, personnel services and human resources development.
- Supplies and facilities management.
- Planning and Budgeting.
- Resource Centre.
- Policy formulation and implimentation
- Policy Analysis