Finance and Administration Department
To build and strengthen capacity of the institutions responsible for managing energy and mineral resources in the Ministry.
- To put in place legislation standards and institutions for the creation of an enabling environment for private sector participation and enhancement of free and fair competition in the Energy and Mineral sector.
The Support Services of the Ministry, headed by the Under Secretary (Mr. Ssegawa Ronald Gyagenda) are provided through:
Finance and Administration Department, comprising of;
- Administration Unit; Headed by Ms. Immaculate Muganwa â€“ Principal Assistant Secretary
- Personnel Unit; Headed by Ms. Carmela Atto - Principal Human Resource Officer
- Finance and Accounts Section; Headed by Mr. Joseph Odoi Ochieng â€“ Principal Accountant.
- Audit Unit; Headed by Ms. Betty Nanyonjo â€“ Principal Internal Auditor.
- Procurement Section; Headed by Mrs Dorothy Birabwa kalina - Principal Procurement Officer Tel: 0414-349276/0
- Sector Planning Unit; Headed by Mr. Emmanuel Ajutu - Principal Economist Tel: 0414-345811 ;
- Resource Centre; Headed by Ms. Catherine Dedeya - Senior Information Scientist Tel: 0414-255402
The major functions of the Support Services are: -
- Financial management and accounting.
- Administration, personnel services and human resources development.
- Supplies and facilities management.
- Planning and Budgeting.
- Resource Centre.
- Policy formulation and implimentation
- Policy Analysis