Finance and Administration Department
To build and strengthen capacity of the institutions responsible for managing energy and mineral resources in the Ministry.
- To put in place legislation standards and institutions for the creation of an enabling environment for private sector participation and enhancement of free and fair competition in the Energy and Mineral sector.
The Support Services of the Ministry, headed by the Under Secretary (Miss. Prisca Boonabantu) are provided through:
Finance and Administration Department, comprising of;
- Administration Unit; Headed by Mr. Keneth Akiiri -Principal Assistant Secretary
- Personnel Unit; Headed by Ms. Hope Byaruhanga - Ass. Com Human Resource
- Finance and Accounts Section; Headed by Mr. Lubega Yakub - Principal Accountant.
- Internal Audit Unit; Headed by Mr. Asiimwe Ambrose - Ass. Com Internal Auditor.
- Procurement Section; Headed by Mr. Andrew Aribariho - Principal Procurement Officer
- Sector Planning Department; Headed by Mr. Emmanuel Ajutu - Ag. Com Principal Economist
- Resource Center; Headed by Ms. Catherine Dedeya - Senior Information Scientist
The major functions of the Support Services are: -
- Financial management and accounting.
- Administration, personnel services and human resources development.
- Supplies and facilities management.
- Planning and Budgeting.
- Resource Center.
- Policy formulation and implementation
- Policy Analysis